Upcycled Coffee Soap
Our soaps are made from all natural ingredients, and recycled espresso grounds. All of our soaps are handmade in Brooklyn, New York.
The advantages of our soaps
- Dual purpose bars: all of our bars are formulated to ensure that a majority of the grounds are on one side of the bar. This gives you two different uses while using the soap. One side is for lathering, while the coffee side is for deep cleaning.
- No coffee aroma: since we have used recycled grounds in our soaps, the scent of the grounds in our soaps is negligible. Each bar holds true to its fragrance, not the coffee. For you out there that do want the smell of coffee, we have made a line of espresso fragrance bars and candles.
- No brown water: for those of you who have tried a fresh coffee soap before, you might have noticed the brown water effect, where it's basically like you are brewing a cup while washing up. We use post-brew grounds so there is no brown water effect. The grounds in the bars release gradually so there will be some trace of the grounds, but they rinse off with ease. We prefer to keep that coffee color in the cup, where it belongs.
BENEFITS OF COFFEE:
Why do we use coffee in our soaps?
There has a been a recent surge in the use of coffee in soaps as well as other cosmetics. As it turns out one of the world's most popular beverages also has many advantages to skin and hair care!
- Exfoliating: The grounds gently remove the dead skin cells and leave your skin fresh and new.
- Helps fight psoriasis, acne, and eczema: The natural oil in coffee contains enzymes that detoxify, cleanse and help unclog pores, making it ideal for treating acne, eczema and other skin problems.
- Reduce under-eye puffiness: The anti-inflammatory properties of caffeine in coffee help minimize under-eye redness and inflammation.
- Reduce skin redness: The caffeine in coffee has the ability to constrict blood vessels (vasoconstrictor), making it very useful in natural soap for those who suffer from rosacea and skin redness.
- Absorb odors: When we cook, our hands absorb the unpleasant odors of pungent foods like garlic. It will remove all of these, and other, nasty odors from your skin.
- Prevent sun & cell damage: Our cells and tissues are constantly under attack from excessive amounts of free radicals. Promising research studies have shown that the antioxidants in topical cream or solutions (and natural soap!) containing coffee/caffeine may prevent sun (UV) damage, or repair it if it has already occurred.
- Lift your mood – Last, but certainly not least, is the spectacular natural aroma of coffee! The aroma relaxes us and clears our minds. Just the smell can lift our energy or mood. Smelling coffee is also known to reduce nausea.